Redundancy is a reason for a dismissal. However, when you are going through a redundancy as a worker you have distinct legal rights:
- The right to go through a redundancy consultation.
- The right to receive reasonable periods of time away from work in order to look for further employment or attend interviews
- Your employer must follow a redundancy procedure
- Your employer must explore alternative positions for you within the company
- Your employer must pay you any accrued holiday pay, notice pay and if you are entitled, redundancy pay.
If you have an issue you would like to discuss, call us on 01226 211 111 for a FREE initial consultation to discuss the redundancy process or if your redundancy was unfair.